What's a "Seated Shoulder Press"?

I just bought a used Bowflex Blaze and am trying to set up an exercise routine beginning with the 10 exercises listed on the Workout Placard. I want to follow the guidelines in the Guide to get details of how to do the exercises, but the Workout Placard lists a Seated Shoulder Press and there is nothing listed by that name in the Guide. Probably the guy who wrote the guide didn't know the guy who made the Workout Placard. In any case, can any of you solve this mystery?

A seated shoulder press is performed with your back against the machine and the straps fastened near each foot. As you sit you push the weight above your head. I have included a picture for you so you can get a visual of how to do this. Start with low weight and work your way up!

edit: if you click the picture below you can see an animated picture.

433.gif
    Last edited by sanddragonz; 01-24-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Also, sorry it took so long to respond to you.. I just now saw this!

Whats a "Seated Shoulder Press"

Upright row seems to be more of a problem in narrow grip form than otherwise. The light weight and emphasis on external rotation in the cuban press should work to balance the shoulder a bit.

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM.

The excellent message))